If you have a small garden in your house, you can decorate it and plant different species, as long as you take into account the size of it. In addition, you must pay special attention to this area, since, being of small dimensions, everything will be seen more and the errors will not be easy to disguise. For you to be perfect, we give you a series of tips for small gardens that will help you create it without problems.
- Everything must go in scale. Being a small space, the plants and ornamental objects that you place must also be of a small size.
- If you have few square meters, delete the roads and trails. These can reduce space and make your garden look smaller than it is.
- If you decide to incorporate a path, make it increasingly narrow to give a sense of depth.
- To make the garden look longer, it must be wider at the beginning and longer at the end.
- In order for a narrow space to appear wider, you must incorporate horizontal lines.
- Try to mix the garden with the adjacent landscape, this way you will give a feeling of continuity.
- Avoid the rectilinear and very dense hedges at all costs. Bet on vertical plants on walls or separators.
- Create different levels within the garden. This will visually deceive and look like a bigger space.
- It incorporates sinuous forms that are responsible for multiplying the sense of spaciousness.
- Place a surprise in every corner of the garden. Thus, you will create areas of interest throughout the area and it will appear larger.
In addition to these tips, it is important that before undertaking the task of building and decorating your small garden, think about what you are going to do on paper. Make a list of species that you want to incorporate, the ornamental elements, as well as the furniture if there is one. It is essential that you know how you are going to distribute each zone and what you want to put in it.